Mycostop Biofungicide contains a naturally occurring bacterial strain isolated from Sphagnum peat, Streptomyces strain K61 actinobacterium. Streptomyces deprives pathogenic fungi of space and nourishment by colonizing plant roots, where it also acts as a hyperparasite, disrupting cell walls of pathogens and producing metabolites that further inhibit these pathogens
- Organic & 100% natural! OMRI listed & EPA registered since 1994
- Easy application by drench, surface spray or through hydroponic delivery
- Can be used simultaneously with nematodes and other biological control organisms
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi, such as Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora and Botrytis. Plants often respond with increased vigor and yield
- Ideal for Hydroponics, solves most root rot issues
- Safe to apply, regardless of plant maturity/stage
- Use on all crops such as medicinal herbs, vegetables and ornamentals
- Colorado MMED approved for use on medicinal herbs up to the day of harvest (MSDS available upon request)
- 1 Year shelf life
When applied as a drench or spray the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so, they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot.
Mycostop is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop has particularly good activity against Fusarium, Mycostop is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absence of obvious root pathogen activity, as the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones that benefit plant health overall.
- Soil Drench: 0.01-0.1% suspension (1-10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water) - Typical use rate for most garden applications: 1 gram per 10 gallons of water, with each mixed gallon covering 10~ square feet of planted area
- Foliar spray: 0.05% suspension (10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water)
- Foliar fog: 0.3-.45 grams per 100 square feet. See label for water volume
- Drip: 2.3-4.6 grams per 100 square feet
- Incorporation in potting media: 0.05% suspension (10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water) incorporated at 8-20 gallons per cubic yard
- Hydroponic NFT: 2.5 grams per 1000 plants
- Hydroponic Rockwool: 20-25 grams per 1000 plants
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am getting bigger and healthier flowers, and my plants are happy! Use this a few times during veg and a few times during flower and you will not be disappointed.
Great for root rot and brown roots
If your system is hurting from a root zone problem THIS will fix. It wont make you a better grower but it will help with slime and root rot and most root zone problems I have come to see.I use as a top rinse 5g pack on a 12 plant system. I have turned dark brown dead slimy roots into a harvest using this. Happy growing!!