Mycostop was discovered by researchers at a leading European University and developed into a user friendly product by the biocontrol team at Verdera in Finland. It is now an approved product in over 15 countries.
Great Things About Mycostop Mix:
- Same formulation as Mycostop WP, but slightly larger particle size will slowly plug 150-200 mesh screens. Fine for hydroponic systems that don't employ fine filters.
- Organic! Same active ingredient as Mycostop WP.
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi, such as Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora and Botrytis. Plants often respond with increased vigor and yield, like a vitamin boost.
- Safe to apply, regardless of plant maturity/stage.
- Use on all crops such as medicinal herbs, vegetables and ornamentals.
- Easy application by drench, surface spray or through hydroponic delivery.
- Small packets store for 1 year when frozen.
- EPA registered since 1994.
- Increasingly used by large and small growers.
When applied as a drench the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so, they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot. Mycostop is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop has particularly good activity against Fusarium, Mycostop is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absense of obvious root pathogen activity. The explanation is that the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones (which has been demonstrated in the lab) or the Streptomyces contro minor root pathogens which slowly feed on and damage roots.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Bigger size than the powder Mycostop, best for soil growing because it is easy to mix into the dirt
Mycostop does EXACTLY as advertised.Nice white vigorous growing slime free roots.I personally have 2 200 gal undercurrent systems. 1 24 bucket 13XL and 8 30 gal Pro systems. Initial innoculation is done by adding 5 grams of Mycostop powder to a 5 gal bucket, Add 30ml of molasses and aerate for 30 min. I remove each pot and root mass and soak them to the top of the rocks for about a minute. Start of the next week I add 2 grams to each system and 30ml of molasses as a maintenance. I run my reses for 3 weeks at a time and they are healthy