Mycostop was discovered by researchers at the University of Helsinki and developed into a user friendly product by the biocontrol team at Verdera in Finland. It is now approved for use in over 15 countries!
Great Things About Mycostop:
- Organic & 100% natural! OMRI listed
- Can be used simulateously with nematodes and other biological control organisms
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi, such as Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora and Botrytis. Plants often respond with increased vigor and yield, like a vitamin boost.
- Great for Hydroponics, solves most root rot issues.
- Safe to apply, regardless of plant maturity/stage.
- Use on all crops such as medicinal herbs, vegetables and ornamentals.
- Colorado MMED approved for use on medicinal herbs up to the day of harvest (MSDS available upon request).
- Easy application by drench, surface spray or through hydroponic delivery.
- Increasingly used by large and small growers, indoor and outdoor.
- Small packets store for 1 year when frozen.
- EPA registered since 1994.
Hydroponic application rates:
5-7.5g/100g reservoir water in recirculating systems
*Contact us for more specific application/usage directions based on your growing environment*
When applied as a drench or spray the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so, they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot. Mycostop is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop has particularly good activity against Fusarium, Mycostop is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absense of obvious root pathogen activity. The explanation is that the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones (which has been demonstrated in the lab) or the Streptomyces contro-minor root pathogens which slowly feed on and damage roots.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am getting bigger and healthier flowers, and my plants are happy! Use this a few times during veg and a few times during flower and you will not be disappointed.
Great for root rot and brown roots
If your system is hurting from a root zone problem THIS will fix. It wont make you a better grower but it will help with slime and root rot and most root zone problems I have come to see.I use as a top rinse 5g pack on a 12 plant system. I have turned dark brown dead slimy roots into a harvest using this. Happy growing!!