Developed from a naturally occurring bacteria, Streptomyces griseoviridis, Mycostop WP is a preventative product that thrives in the rhizosphere for several weeks and provides effective control on a wide range of pathogens including damping-off caused by various fungi, such as Alternaria and Rhizoctonia solani; and wilt and root diseases caused by Fusarium, Phytophthora and Pythium. When applied as a drench or spray, the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop WP germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant root system. This creates a biological defense against seed and soil-borne pathogens, giving your plants a strong start for vigorous growth and development. Streptomyces deprives pathogenic fungi of space and nourishment by colonizing plant roots, where it also acts as a hyperparasite, disrupting cell walls of pathogens and producing metabolites that further inhibit and disrupt these pathogens.
- Organic & 100% natural
- Based on a naturally occurring, live bacterium (Streptomyces sp. strain K61) that readily colonizes roots for extended protection.
- Use on all crops such as medicinal herbs, vegetables and ornamentals
- Can be used simultaneously with nematodes and other biological control organisms, compatible with most IPM programs (see Compatibility Guide below)
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi, such as Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora and Botrytis
- Ideal for Hydroponics, solves most root rot issues
- Works equally well in organic, mineral and artificial growing media, and field soils
- Easy application by drench, surface spray or through hydroponic delivery
- No known risks for resistance due to multiple modes of action
- Safe to apply, regardless of plant maturity/stage
- Leaves no toxic residues
Mycostop WP is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop WP has particularly good activity against Fusarium, and is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop WP has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absence of obvious root pathogen activity, as the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones that benefit plant health overall.
- Soil Drench: 0.01-0.1% suspension (1-10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water) - Typical use rate for most garden applications: 1 gram per 10 gallons of water, with each mixed gallon covering 10~ square feet of planted area
- Foliar spray: 0.05% suspension (10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water)
- Foliar fog: 0.3-.45 grams per 100 square feet. See label for water volume
- Drip: 2.3-4.6 grams per 100 square feet
- Incorporation in potting media: 0.05% suspension (10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water) incorporated at 8-20 gallons per cubic yard
- Hydroponic NFT: 2.5 grams per 1000 plants
- Hydroponic Rockwool: 20-25 grams per 1000 plants
- Hydroponic Recirculating/Deep Water Culture (DWC): 1 gram per 25 gallons of recirculating water
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fast shipping was very fresh. Expiration date was one year away
Great for root rot and brown roots in hydro. Love this stuff a little bit goes a long way
I had severe damping off issues in the room where I'm growing most of my plants. I lost two flats of seeds to disease, and another handful besides. I also lost several other plants I got awhile back. Fast forward to this stuff: It smells funky (both wet and dry), but it works. How do I know it works? Because now, instead of having several containers and a flat of dead seedlings, I have several basil plants and peppers that have started developing their true leaves. Even one of the basil seedlings I planted in a medium I know was infected is growing nicely. I tried all of the organic remedies: Chamomile tea, cayenne pepper, cinnamon (standard and ceylon), keeping the area well ventilated, only watering very sparingly, etc. Nothing else was working, but this stuff works great. No word yet on product yield, but the pepper seedlings seem to be growing a bit faster than what I'm used to- in the past, I've seen several weeks to develop true leaves, these took a week and a half.