*Mycostop WP 2 Gram packets have been discontinued by Lallemand as of January 2024* 5 Gram & 25 Gram packets are available here
Developed from a naturally occurring bacteria, Streptomyces griseoviridis, Mycostop WP is a preventative product that thrives in the rhizosphere for several weeks and provides effective control on a wide range of pathogens including damping-off caused by various fungi, such as Alternaria and Rhizoctonia solani; and wilt and root diseases caused by Fusarium, Phytophthora and Pythium. When applied as a drench or spray, the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop WP germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant root system. This creates a biological defense against seed and soil-borne pathogens, giving your plants a strong start for vigorous growth and development. Streptomyces deprives pathogenic fungi of space and nourishment by colonizing plant roots, where it also acts as a hyperparasite, disrupting cell walls of pathogens and producing metabolites that further inhibit and disrupt these pathogens.
- Organic & 100% natural
- Based on a naturally occurring, live bacterium (Streptomyces sp. strain K61) that readily colonizes roots for extended protection.
- Use on all crops such as medicinal herbs, vegetables and ornamentals
- Can be used simultaneously with nematodes and other biological control organisms, compatible with most IPM programs (see Compatibility Guide below)
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi, such as Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora and Botrytis
- Ideal for Hydroponics, solves most root rot issues
- Works equally well in organic, mineral and artificial growing media, and field soils
- Easy application by drench, surface spray or through hydroponic delivery
- No known risks for resistance due to multiple modes of action
- Safe to apply, regardless of plant maturity/stage
- Leaves no toxic residues
Mycostop WP is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop WP has particularly good activity against Fusarium, and is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop WP has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absence of obvious root pathogen activity, as the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones that benefit plant health overall.
- Soil Drench: 0.01-0.1% suspension (1-10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water) - Typical use rate for most garden applications: 1 gram per 10 gallons of water, with each mixed gallon covering 10~ square feet of planted area
- Recirculating Hydroponic Systems (Deep Water Culture and Ebb/Flow): 1-1.5 grams per 25 gallons of recirculating water
- Aerocloners: 1 gram per 15 gallons of recirculating water
- Hydroponic NFT: 2.5 grams per 1000 plants
- Hydroponic Rockwool: 20-25 grams per 1000 plants
- Foliar spray: 0.05% suspension (10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water)
- Foliar fog: 0.3-.45 grams per 100 square feet. See label for water volume
- Drip or Run-To-Waste: 2.3-4.6 grams per 100 square feet
- Incorporation in potting media: 0.05% suspension (10 grams mixed into 5 gallons of water) incorporated at 8-20 gallons per cubic yard
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Perfect for use in high pressure cloners
Super advice and support for hemp cultivators
Much better price than Amazon and ships from the exact same place. Arrived just as fast as previous orders we placed through Amazon. Support is right there if you need it and the Vivagrow people (Vivagrowers? lol!) know hydroponics and other cultivation methods very well. Amazon service has really fallen apart in the last few years, so go direct to the distributor! Any questions have been answered within hours if not minutes which is very helpful to us. Thanks Vivagrow!
Easy to use once explained and I highly recommend it. Customer service was excellent
Very fast shipping
Aerogarden is a small hydroponic garden for home cultivation of leafy greens, herbs, and other small vegetables and fruits like peppers and tomatoes. We kept having a problem where the plants would germinate and grow well for a few weeks, but would then wilt and suffer from root rot which would eventually kill them. We suspect this is Pythium, and after talking to VivaGrow we tried adding Mycostop to the Aerogarden water which worked perfectly! The roots are bright white and healthy compared to the brown and slimy appearance they used to have. The plants grow faster too. Leafy vegetables will take off like a rocket with Mycostop protecting their roots! Mycostop also helps with water and nutrient uptake, we have to add water to our Aerogardens almost every day now which is a sign of healthy plants. A tiny little bit of this is all that's needed every time you change the water/nutrients, 1/20 of a gram. We used half of the included scoop (each scoop is 1/10 gram for 1 gallon of Mycostop prepared) for our 6 place Aero gardens which hold about a 1/2 gallon of water. So that means a 2 gram packet is enough for 40 applications! We mixed 1/2 of the scoop mentioned above in 1/2 gallon of water and shook it up as recommended for a few minutes. Once the Mycostop powder was dissolved we added this mixture to the Aerogarden reservoir. We then let the fresh mixture circulate around the plants for 24 hours before adding plant food as recommended by VivaGrow for hydroponics. We do this every 2 weeks as recommended by Aerogarden. Really easy and it works!
Delivery was quick and the order was filled the same day I placed it. Good vendor and good service.
We have a humidity problem that can make propagation difficult. Mycostop will help with most rot problems.
Thank U for the support and help with this fingicide vivagrow. Instructions worked.