Mycostop was discovered by researchers at the University of Helsinki and developed into a user friendly product by the biocontrol team at Verdera in Finland. It is now approved for use in over 15 countries!
Great Things About Mycostop:
- Organic & 100% natural!
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi, such as Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora and Botrytis. Plants often respond with increased vigor and yield, like a vitamin boost.
- Great for Hydroponics, solves most root rot issues.
- Safe to apply, regardless of plant maturity/stage.
- Use on all crops such as medicinal herbs, vegetables and ornamentals.
- Colorado MMED approved for use on medicinal herbs up to the day of harvest (MSDS available upon request).
- Easy application by drench, surface spray or through hydroponic delivery.
- Increasingly used by large and small growers, indoor and outdoor.
- Small packets store for 1 year when frozen.
- EPA registered since 1994.
Hydroponic application rates:
5-7.5g/100g reservoir water in recirculating systems
*Contact us for more specific application/usage directions based on your growing environment*
When applied as a drench or spray the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so, they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot. Mycostop is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop has particularly good activity against Fusarium, Mycostop is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absense of obvious root pathogen activity. The explanation is that the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones (which has been demonstrated in the lab) or the Streptomyces contro minor root pathogens which slowly feed on and damage roots.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My tomatoes are looking a lot better after starting on the Mycostop, we are not having any soil disease problems for a few summers now.
Fast shipping was very fresh. Expiration date was one year away
Great for root rot and brown roots in hydro. Love this stuff a little bit goes a long way
I had severe damping off issues in the room where I'm growing most of my plants. I lost two flats of seeds to disease, and another handful besides. I also lost several other plants I got awhile back. Fast forward to this stuff: It smells funky (both wet and dry), but it works.
How do I know it works? Because now, instead of having several containers and a flat of dead seedlings, I have several basil plants and peppers that have started developing their true leaves. Even one of the basil seedlings I planted in a medium I know was infected is growing nicely.
I tried all of the organic remedies: Chamomile tea, cayenne pepper, cinnamon (standard and ceylon), keeping the area well ventilated, only watering very sparingly, etc. Nothing else was working, but this stuff works great. No word yet on product yield, but the pepper seedlings seem to be growing a bit faster than what I'm used to- in the past, I've seen several weeks to develop true leaves, these took a week and a half.